A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
AVIC-D3 upgrade to CNDV-100MT
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
September 17, 2010
8:29 am
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin
Forum Posts: 81
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello fellow AVIC enthusiasts!

I was just curious if you've done your upgrade to CNDV-100MT yet?  I should have it by the end of the day, bandwidth permitting of course. waycool

I've heard we lose our fancy XM icons so I'm not sure if I will actually do the upgrade right away, but knowing me, I probably will.

Have you tired it?  What are the differences besides a bizillion POI's?

Stang

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.-Berthold Auerbach (German author, 1812 – 1882)

September 17, 2010
4:25 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

Burning the west now.

Before I go further, I'll do some more reading to make sure I don't brick my unit. I have seen on some boards where they say you can't go back to an old upgrade.  Man that would suck.

I try to live by what Dad always said, "If it works, don't fix it!"

I don't always do so though because I like to update stuff and experiment.

Cheers,

Stang

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.-Berthold Auerbach (German author, 1812 – 1882)

September 17, 2010
11:35 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

Upgrade has been completed.  I see where the graphics are missing but won't complain.  It seems to make the menu a bit snappier.  IMHO the upgrade was certainly a step in the right direction.  While I have not played with the parts of the deck yet, so far so good on CNDV-100MT

Stang

groovy

September 22, 2010
6:57 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

Just a quick note.

I was able to Sync the Blackberry up and move over the phonebook.  Really digging the upgrade and speed.

Stang

cheers

September 24, 2010
10:43 am
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

Just curious, have you done the upgrade yet?  How did it go for you?

Stang

beerpour

September 27, 2010
10:50 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

Still running strong.

Curious though, according to the stats for The Garage, there are quite a few coming looking for answers to problems.  It's OK to post here, I've probably been there, done that.wiggle

Stang

June 9, 2014
9:04 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

For those interested, I'll be trying to update to CNDV-110MT and will let you know how that goes.

Stang

June 11, 2014
8:47 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

I got the unit upgraded to CNDV-110MT with the following assistance from here:

Link to CNDV-110MT East:

EAST

Link to CNDV-110MT West:

WEST

However, I am currently moving west to another box as burn is failing on the same box east worked fine on. banghead UH OH.  Need the damn west.

Keep ya posted,

Stang

PS

This shit's for educational purposes so if you break yours, don't blame me.  Shit happens when you tinker.

June 12, 2014
9:42 am
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin

DONE! wave

Tried the burn on my XP box and it worked.  I don't recall the maps being related to Tom Tom in the past, so I look forward to using the new maps.

Might even be time now to create a new background or two, just need to remember the right size again and find the right pics to start with.

Good luck to you!

Stang

October 29, 2014
2:51 pm
stang5_0
Phoenix, AZ

Admin
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

UPDATE!

So if your unit starts acting up, don't get discouraged.

I was in a panic when my unit would periodically reboot or take forever to come up only to want the correct disc etc etc.  It was doing everything.  While I did find a guy on Ebay who will fix anything on these for $115, I was not entirely convinced I had bad issues.  Like everyone else, I hit the forums looking for answers and what I saw a lot of, was simply re-burning the disc would work.   I am here to tell you that before you scrap your unit, give a new burn a shot.  My disc never left the unit nor was it abused, but yet it developed some issues.  Just an FYI, hopefully save you some coin.

Stang

Forum Timezone: America/Phoenix

Most Users Ever Online: 31

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Jim: 3

Essay Writing Reviews: 1

rosariocloninger: 1

Richard{KC9QBB]: 1

Dissertation Eden: 1

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 6

Members: 24

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 13

Topics: 43

Newest Members:

rosariocloninger, stevenfrayne, inetryconydot, Essay Writing Reviews, Dissertation Eden, bobcat1

Moderators: n7hwa: 8

Administrators: stang5_0: 81